Friday, 26 July 2013

The Goodies

Sorry to make those who didn't attend the FQRetreat but the Liberty goodie bag on arrival was bursting.

It wasn't until I had some free time the next morning I starting having a good rummage and it was a bit like Mary Poppins carpet bag, it just kept giving.

Eventually I got them all out on the table - some of the new Aurifl floss, lots of habdash, some silk threads which I've never used before from http://www.silk-thread.com/, fabric from Moda, Makower and Riley Blake.


I got this great fat quarter from Eternal Maker


And then there was this lovely scrap bag from Pat Bravo. She is probably the first fabric designer I got obsessed with when I first started quilting and so when she commented on this picture on instagram I may just have squeaked with excitement.
 


At the quilt market on saturday night, I was relatively restrained until I hit the Oakshott stand armed with my discount voucher that was also in the goodie bag.

I left with some of the new impressions range http://www.oakshottfabrics.com/products/ImpressionsFat8thPack.aspx and a bundle with a silver shot that I can't find on their website. Its gorgeous though.

Next time I'll tell you about my classes - I've even finished something I started working on there as well.

4 comments:

Gertie Pye said...

Glad I wasn't the only one spellbound (and now broke!) by the Oakshotts! I was hoping to find a silvery shot cotton on their website but no joy. I hope they get some more in!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Looks like Santa came early this year :-) What fun!

Colette said...

It all looks too fantastic for words. Can't wait to see what you made.

Shay said...

I keep hearing and seeing all these fabulous goodies. You guys were really spoiled !

I may have to wander out this weekend and make myself my own goodie bag from a spot of retail therapy to alleviate my jealousy!