Sunday, 18 August 2013

Migraine!

Since I exhibited a quilt in the Sandown show earlier in the year I've been thinking about what to do for next year.

I saw two kona solids together and just had to get them.

I know chartreuse and coral aren't a usual combination but I had in my mind something shocking and uncomfortable for the quilt.

I played around with the touchdraw app and came up with a design that reflected what I was looking for. Something that hurts the eyes - I even named the quilt before I ever cut into the fabric.

Today I finished the piecing. For some reason I can't get a photo that shows the green in all it's real vivid glory but you get the idea


I am waiting to get the frame before I try and quilt it, but I already have ideas how I want to do that as well.

 

 

9 comments:

Gertie Pye said...

I really want to see this in all its glory Shevvy! Love the design of having the centre chequerboard square surrounded by the stripes. You must be itching for your frame to arrive to get this quilted x

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Lovng it! Those itty bitty squares rock!

Shay said...

I love the name – its very apt . I think this quilt will need to be viewed from a distance. However you can rest assured it will be the only one of it’s type at the show and I’m sure its bound to generate a buzz.esoeture 27

Judith, Belfast said...

Looks great! Sunglasses at the ready! Jxo

Leanne said...

Oh this is going to be good, I love it so far.

Charlotte said...

you'll need shades to quilt that, never mind a frame!

Marg said...

Wow, I love the chequerboard in the centre. It's definitely a sunglasses on quilt, and the name is perfect. Can't wait to see all of it.

moira said...

ouch but like in a really good way

Canadian Abroad said...

Very cool idea and perfect name for it.