Thursday, 15 August 2013

More baby quilts and a lot of spending


Firstly, I apologise if this post goes a bit wonky but I am trying blogsy for the first time to post with.

I've been busy working on small quilts for the charity that the LMQG is sponsoring. I'll post more later on, but here are the latest two.

This is all four together.

I've been using up scraps on these, I love the way they have turned out.

Last weekend was the festival of quilts and I may have had a major brain fart and spent a lot more money than I intended! I've been looking at quilt frames for years and finally bit the bullet. When it gets here I will give you more details but it does mean I am finally going to clear out the little bedroom for a sewing room.

Then yesterday, it was a trip to The Village Haberdashery - Knitting, Embroidery and Quilting supplies to have a chat with the lovely Tula Pink and I ended up spending even more money on a couple of her needlepoint kits. I really wanted all four, so I could have spent more!

I've just started the stitching..

 

 

12 comments:

quiltfool said...

Please share your secret for getting all those perfect echoing circles in the yellow quilt. They are PERFECT! Love the work and glad you're consigning a room to just quilt. Be well. Lane

Leanne said...

The quilts are wonderful, and meeting Tula Pink would be great fun. I love the needle point and tell me more about your frame.

MetroQuilter said...

Live the quilts, particularly the red and grey. Can't wait to see what you do with your new frame.

Marg said...

Wow you are really getting into sewing now your on hols. All four quilts look fabulous.
You and Tula are going to be BFF's at this rate. How many times have you met her??? Love the needlepoint, can't wait to see your progress.

Judith, Belfast said...

I hope you don't brain fart too often!! Might need to see a doctor about that!! Gorgeous wee quilts S! Jxo

Charlotte said...

you bought a frame? You kept that quiet the other day ;-)

Gertie Pye said...

These are lovely little quilts, can't wait to see them and so lovely that they are going to babies at the Brompton. Can't wait to see your Juki & frame photos!

Canadian Abroad said...

I think Charlotte is going to want to come play at your house. ;-)

Love the yellow quilt best of all. It just looks so soft, restful and perfect.

Catrin Lewis said...

I may have fallen in love with a frame at foq too! I did show some restraint - I think it will last about another week? Seen your charity quilts on IG and loved them x

moira said...

beautiful work. a frame? be still my heart (where do you live again?!)

Shay said...

I adore that red and grey quilt. Its lovely!

And the quilting on the yellow one is terrific too...I really want to try a circle quilting. Did you do that FM or use your walking foot?

Congratulations on the quilting frame purchase. Cant wait to see that set up. Stuff Tula being your BFF - I want to be your BFF ...then I can use your new purchase !

thea said...

Your quilting is amazing as is your needlepoint. Makes me want to try some ..