Sunday, 25 August 2013

Scrappy-tripalong-afinish

I've been working on one of my scrappy tripalong quilts this week and getting used to doing free motion on the new juki. It's so much faster than I'm used to so it's been a bit hit and miss in terms of stitch length but the bigger throat space made it very easy to handle this 64x80 inch quilt.

I'm still working on getting the sewing room sorted in advance of the arrival of the frame so the house is all topsy turvy. Therefore I haven't been able to find the space for a full sized quilt pic. These are the best I could manage.

The front

The back and binding

What is even more exciting is that of the remaining 6 tops I have left, only one is too big for the frame so I only have that one left to do the job I hate most and baste it. Yippee. The rest can wait for the new baby. I've been auditioning backing fabric for it tonight.

 

10 comments:

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Gorgeous scrappy trip! I have 6 blocks sewn and 24 ready to sew into blocks so I am getting there, s l o w l y....

doris batting said...

wow, so exciting. I plan to have a sewing room once I make my final move when daughter at college. Until then stuffed in the bedroom !

Sarah Lou said...

Gorgeous quilting as ever Shevvy! Love the trip along too :D

Leanne said...

The quilt and the quilting are lovely!

Charlotte said...

fab quilting! Sooooo envious of your not needing to baste!!!!!!!

poppyinstitches said...

it looks fabulous, great that your new motor is up and running!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Looks great and the quilting is lovely! Exscuse me for being dense - what sort of machine are you using?

Marg said...

Your quilting is wonderful and I love your scrappy quilt. You must be having loads of fun with your new baby.

Shay said...

Your quilting looks fabulous as always. Glad you and Juki are getting along so well.

Gertie Pye said...

How did I miss this post?! Your tripalong is gorgeous and I love the quilting - I can only imagine your Juki is making you smile smile smile. Especially in knocking out the basting step!