Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Quarter 3 finish a long

It's time to make my declaration on what I hope to achieve over the next quarter.

I'm going to be a bit naughty as some of my projects are nearly finished and just waiting for binding or having a hanging sleeve added.

First - Ice-cream parlour. Yes it has a name. It is now decided that it will be in our guild show at festival of quilts, so it needs a hanging sleeve as well as binding. I want to get it done with a week so I can also take it to FQR next weekend.

 

Next is Migraine. This isn't going in the show so only needs binding.

 

Neon. This little mini is going in the show so needs a hanging sleeve.

 

Geese - also just needs binding. ( I had a quilting binge this quarter can you tell?)

 

4 boxy pouches. 3 are for swaps at the retreat and the 4th a belated birthday pressie.

 

This quilt needs some unpicking as I had tension issues. It then needs finishing off.

 

I'm also going to throw into the ring an older UFO top.

 

I'm really hopeful for this quarter as my course has finished, I'm now a qualified counsellor and I don't have to feel guilty anymore about time I spend sewing instead of studying!

Check out others targets at Katy's blog.

 

 

5 comments:

Shay said...

Oooh – The Geese quilt is fantastic....cant wait to see that in all it’s glory.

That’s quite a list there Ma’am. Good luck with that. Im so pleased you have more time on your hands . Congratulations again on being a qualified counsellor. You’re going to shine in that role.

Catrin Lewis said...

Yay! I'll get to see your quilts in person at FOQ! I'm particularly looking forward to seeing neon x

pennydog said...

ARGH! Adorable prints in the partially quilted quilt! I look forward to seeing your guild display at FoQ, maybe ours should have a go at that next year? I have a quilt in the show too, you'll be able to spot it as it has a wonky-David-Bowie-face on it

Sarah Lou said...

Oooh, please bring Icecream Parlour on the Saturday of Retreat, I really want to see it!

Marg said...

Ooh that's still not a very short list, but as you said, at least you have finished studying, so you now have more time to sew. Congratulations too on finishing your course.
I love the geese quilt, a bummer that I won't be able to see it in person.