I've been quilting up a storm this week. It's half term and most of my course work is finished so I have been able to completely relax and spend lots of time with the frame.
First up was my tumbling blocks. I love making this, it was the first top I use my design wall for and I also got over my fear of y seams making it. I have been pondering ideas for ages and finally got a chance to play.
I used white aurifil and tried all sorts of feathers and then had a few of the blocks quilted more simply as a place to rest the eye.
Here is the best I could do of the whole quilt after it came of the frame.
And some detail pics.
It isn't bound yet, I am saving that for a few weeks. My guild is having an exhibition space at the festival of quilts this year and we need to pick entries soon. If this gets selected it will need a sleeve so I am waiting to bind until I know.
It's roughly 56x76 inches but I imagine it will shrink when it is completed.
And to see the quilting in more detail this is the back.
Next I loafed up my migraine top. I hardly ever name quilts but I had this named when I was designing it. I spotted this two colours together and just had to use them.
It is supposed to hurt your eyes, that's the look I was going for and so I quilted it in a simple zigzag to add to the effect. After the hours spent on the tumbling blocks, this was a doddle.
I have now got my third quilt of the week on the frame. This was from a bee I was in a couple of years ago. It's about halfway done now.
And the great thing is I have reduced my pile of tops waiting to quilt to just 4.
I've had a great week, hope you have as well.