Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Scraptastic Tuesday

Its been ages since I joined in with Nicky and Leanne's linky party which celebrates scraps in all their glory.


This quilt came out of last summers Fat Quarterly Retreat. We were randomly assigned groups and made a quilt from fabric we had brought. Funnily enough I and another member of the team had brought almost the same fabrics. We chose a rail fence and managed to get a top completed in one evening after the afternoons classes but we were left with lots of scraps which I then brought home.

I used a log cabin in principal in that I sewed pieces in a round however because of some of the sizes of the scraps its not that obvious. Some were sewn together to form a centre and others to form the outer strips.

To complete I eventually decided on a figure eight quilt design as the top was too busy to do something clever with. That business means it is very forgiving to the quilting which is rather organic in nature.

Check out other fantastic uses of scraps over at the linky.

9 comments:

Shay said...

Love everything about this quilt - gorgeous use of scraps and that quilting is just beautiful!

Lisa J. said...

I love this quilt as well. I love the black pops in the subtle background. Great use of scraps.

poppyinstitches said...

its beautiful and the quilting adds a wonderful texture

Nicky said...

It is a beauty Shev! I just can't get my head around that figure of eight quilting - I always end up going the wrong way! Thanks for joining us at #scraptastictuesday and keep on doing it please!

Cassandra said...

The figure eight quilting really works beautifully with your pieced design.

audrey said...

Love these colors with the scrappy look!

Ann said...

Beautiful. I really like the way you used all the fabric and sewed some together to get the logs. The figure eight quilting is a perfect solution. Thanks!

Leanne said...

I love the colours in your quilt, it has such a calm feeling. I want to try the figure eight quilting more, I am hoping that with practice my very wobbly eights would improve.

Alist Partners said...

Nice post. thanks for the shared it with us. melange yarn manufacturers