Saturday, 20 August 2011

Fun with Henry VIII

I ended up at Hever Castle in Kent today. All planned late last night with one of my cousins. So I took my Mum and we had a picnic with him, his wife and two kids.

The weather on the whole was glorious, just a few minutes where it clouded over and we thought it was going to rain.

I hadn't been in years and thoroughly enjoyed it. Its a beautiful place.






And later we were joined by Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn (after all this is where she grew up).


And a few of his knights did some jousting. This was on their way into the tilt yard - past the car park....



Then after that we went to the lake - you wouldn't think this was England would you?


4 comments:

Sarah said...

What a glorious day out! And with Royalty too, lol

Helsie said...

Another place for my list ! So glad you took us there, I had heard of it but not seen any photos. You are so lucky to have all these fabuluos places so near by. It's why I love England.
Cheers
Helen
PS Thanks for the good wishes

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

What a lovely place! Would like to borrow the gardener ....

Shay said...

What an amazing place for a picnic and the weather looks wonderful too.

Poor Anne Boleyn...